Sanctuary Yangzi Explorer
Adventure, enchantment and ‘Luxury, naturally’ - all delivered with a quiet, understated charm and understanding of place – is the guiding philosophy of Sanctuary Retreats and the luxury cruise ship Sanctuary Yangzi Explorer. The Sanctuary Yangzi Explorer has introduced a new standard of cruising to China. With the largest cabins and the highest crew to passenger ratio on the river, this is a cruise unlike any other.
Life aboard the spacious Sanctuary Yangzi Explorer is tranquil and unhurried. And with only 62 cabins, and fewer passengers than other boats, the journey is more relaxed. On-board facilities include a la carte dining, a luxury spa, an observation deck, 24-hour room service, a two-floor theater, business center, fitness center, suite lounge, photo corner, gift shops and private function rooms. A doctor also travels aboard.
The cruise ship features:
• Only 62 cabins and fewer passengers than other boats
• The most spacious cabin and suite size on the Yangzi River and all with a private balcony
• Highest crew to passenger ratio on the river of 1:1
• Only sails during the best seasons (March to November)
• The most spacious Spa Center on the Yangzi River
• Unique small group excursions with less than 20 people per group and complimentary children’s entertainment
• Visit fascinating but less crowded sites using the best knowledgeable guides
• 24-hour on-call medical services from the on board doctor
• Private afternoon tea and gourmet in-room dining in the specialty suites by the executive chef
• Free Wi-Fi internet connection at the Explorer Bar
Property Includes24 Hour ReceptionBusiness CenterEco-FriendlyFitness CenterIn-Room DiningInternet AccessLaundry ServicesMini BarOn-Site RestaurantsSafeSpa
The Sanctuary Yangzi Explorer has 38 deluxe cabins, 20 suite cabins and 4 specialty suites. All cabins boast floor-to-ceiling windows providing access to private balconies with outdoor armchairs and coffee tables. In addition to a choice of king or twin beds, connecting cabins are also available. All cabins are equipped with private bathroom, hairdryer, safety deposit box, mini bar and LCD satellite television.
This is the largest entry level cabin of its kind on the Yangzi River, each with its own private balcony. The deluxe cabin is fully equipped with LCD Satellite TV, electronic safe, mini bar and fridge.
The perfect suite for a family of three guests, the room is still spacious after adding an extra bed.
Mandarin & Jade Suites
These suites both have separate bedroom and living room areas. The spacious suites are designed with the traditional Chinese décor to enhance the experience of sailing down the Yangzi River.
Celestial & Imperial Suites
These suites both have separate bedroom and living room areas. The spacious suites are the largest on the Yangtze, designed with traditional luxury Chinese décor and provide the highest levels of modern comforts whilst sailing down the River.
Things To Do
Complementing the natural beauty of the Yangzi River is a rich program of on-board activities that highlight the remarkable wealth of China’s vast cultural tradition:
• Tai Chi classes
• Chinese cooking classes
• Hands-on calligraphy, traditional painting and silk embroidery workshops
• Crew show
• Mahjong Lesson
• Evenings feature live entertainment including the best of both East and West
• Lectures about climate, culture or history of the Yangzi River
Included On-Shore Activities
• Tour to a relocated family in Fengdu. Visitors can enjoy the town, its shrines and explore real life on the Yangzi River.
• Shennong Stream: Crystalline waters, verdant forests and stunning riverine gorges provide an incredible backdrop for an experience aboard traditional sampans rowed by expert Tujia boatmen. Witness the hanging coffins.
• Explore the towering peaks and remote villages of the Three Gorges - Qutang, Wu and Xiling. Visit the Three Gorges Dam Project, the biggest hydropower project in the world. Guests receive an exclusive visit to the Exhibition Center and an in-depth museum tour.
Additional On-Shore Activities
Upstream Sailing - Optional Tours (at an extra cost and no guarantee—it depends on weather conditions and the traffic on the Yangzi River and the number of participants):
• Tribes of the Three Gorges
• White Emperor City
Sanctuary Yangzi Explorer can be included in any of our itineraries. Call a Swain Destinations Specialist today at 1-800-227-9246.